Why Chrome is the next Bowser…. Mario better run.
This video made me chuckle, but also realize that the norm may not be as familiar with browsers and how they can make your life so much easier.
Within the last few days Google Chrome has passed Internet Explorer as the most used browser. Internet Explorer (16th browser to be launched) had held a market share of 88% in 2003, so why has Chrome passed it 9 years later?
For those who use Chrome there is no explanation needed, but I will give one anyway for the laggards (I kid, I kid). Starting with the style chrome was designed to have more of a friendly round design that was so different from Internet Explorer, an extremely traditional browser (until their more recent face lift). Chrome’s move to have everything inside one search bar (search engine and address bar combined), was a huge increase in productivity, because now “searching” became the first step in the process. Instead of with the past where toolbars or other extensions were installed.
The number one reason why I enjoy Chrome is extensions. Allowing users to create tools that help increase productivity with the browser was a crucial move that has helped them become #1.
So now for the fun part! Here are the top 10 extensions that you should not live without:
- Bit.ly: Expand bitly links (and many other short links) on any web page to see page titles and links to bitly Info pages before clicking.
- Rapportive: This is probably the best one of them all, but I use Bit.ly more so it is first.
- BufferApp: Easily add great articles, pictures and videos to your Buffer and we automagically share them for you through the day!
- Mail Checker Minus (Beta): Displays the number of unread messages in your Gmail and Google Apps inbox. Preview mail, read, delete, archive and mark as spam!
- Awesome Screenshot: Capture the whole page or any portion, annotate it with rectangles, circles, arrows, lines and text, blur sensitive info, one-click…
- WiseStamp: Creates different professional email signatures
- FB Photo Zoom: Auto zooms with Facebook picture by just hovering over picture. No clicking required. Increases efficiency on Facebook (if there is such a thing).
- Turn Off the Lights: The entire page will be fading to dark, so you can watch the video as if you were in the cinema.
- New Tab with Clock: Every time you open a new tab you will know what time it is… Extremely handy.
- Zemanta: Blogger’s best friend that is all you really need to know.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post!
What are some Extensions that should be added to this list?
- Chrome overthrows IE leadership(theinformativereport.com)
- Google Chrome beats Internet Explorer(buzzom.com)
- Google adding a feature to Chrome to send Web pages to your Android phone(chron.com)