Optimizing Your Content For Social Media
TWO TYPES OF CONTENT
- There’s content for audience interaction and brand awareness, and there’s content for B2B marketing. These two will ultimately present themselves very differently. For the sake of brevity we will be focusing on content aimed at general audience.
CREATING CONTENT FOR YOUR AUDIENCE
- The content that you produce you be repeatable in a serial fashion to help you build a fanbase
- Content needs to give something to the viewer. People consuming your content should feel that it represents them. Your company will often be secondary
- Will people share your content? Why?
- What will they write about it if they do?
WHAT DOES THIS CONTENT LOOK LIKE?
- Your content should..
- Evoke emotional response
- Be useful and practical
- Be upbeat
- Help those who share it build their relationships
- Carry issues that are relevant to your audience
- Define people who share it
- Video helps almost every aspect of social engagement
- Well produced videos in the 80 second range with an attention grabber in the first 3 seconds care optimal
HOW TO GET PEOPLE TO CLICK THROUGH YOUR CONTENT
- Okay, great you’re putting out excellent content, now how do you get people to interact with it?
- Don’t overdo the hashtags, bait titles, or trendy slang
- Be conversational with your titles
- If it sticks out too much from someone’s timeline your followers will mentally flag it as spam and you’re dead in the water.
- Opt for summaries instead of article titles. A quick honest summary of an article or videos content can go a long way
- If you want to mix it up a bit pull a particularly interesting line or bit of information to use as the header.